If you have a hearth, then it’s advisable to purchase glass fireplace doors. Why? Listed here are some of the top reasons why you must purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be very attractive and striking additions to your general fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors become a barrier between your home and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you’re paying money to heat your chimney. During the summer months, you pay to cool it!
Other things that you have to know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you utilize glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed whilst the fire is burning, you are likely to need to clean ash out from the glass fire doors vent after each and every few times of use. The vent is important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air in order that all of the warm air from the within of your home can not escape up during your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that will withstand quite high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass all the way through and are highly heat resistant. Of course, for these benefits, you are likely to have to pay significantly more than you would for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from getting into the room. Of course, tempered glass fireplace doors can still increase the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the surplus airflow that plague open fireplaces. If you have a selection, though, opt for ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Ensure your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you would like them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Of course, the greater sealed your doors are, the dirty they are likely to get. You might have to spend extra time cleaning the soot away from well sealed glass fireplace doors – you may not want to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep consitently the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to set up a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are good at keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire out of your family area, realize they can still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, by simply touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your young ones are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your young ones are old enough, you could elect to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have now been put to bed.